Psychotherapy for Lesbian, Gay, & Bisexual Individuals in Sonoma County
Despite growing tolerance and acceptance in the United States, LGBT individuals continue to face pervasive challenges related to heterosexism,
heteronormativism, and homophobia prevalent in our culture. In the safe, affirmative context psychotherapy provides, I help LGBT clients explore and overcome these challenges in a manner suited to their values.
I help clients with a wide range of LGBTQ concerns, including:
- Sexual identity questions and uncertainty
- Coming out
- Gay adolescent issues
- Intimacy issues
- Body image issues
- Substance abuse
- Homophobic mistreatment
- Discomfort with feelings of same-sex attraction
- Spiritual and religious wounding
- Family issues
- Plural relationships/non-monogamy
- Difficulties with intimacy
- Sexual problems
- Sex addiction
- Living with HIV/AIDS
- Seeking the deeper meaning of gay or queer identity
- Surviving the height of the AIDS pandemic
For more information about my work with gay and bisexual men , please click here .
If you are ready to begin to address some of these issues, please contact me to schedule an appointment.